Sunday, May 1, 2011

Platte River Half Marathon and Birthday Party!

My amazing husband ran a half marathon a few weeks ago…just part of his training schedule for bigger races later this summer!  The boys and I went to watch him and cheer him on…

I love watching him run and do something he loves and is passionate about…plus it reminds me of all of the races I watched him run in high school and college, and since we’ve been married…

001 

Before and after…not much difference!  I would be keeled over if it were me! :)

002 034

Hans’ parents came to watch the beginning of the race with us…

005

It started in downtown Littleton, close to where I grew up…

008

I love him!

019

The boys and I got to ride the light rail train to the end of the race…this may have been the highlight for them of the entire day!!

024

I taught Reily how to yell “Go Daddy! Run Fast!” and he would yell it out randomly…it was so fun!

028

Coming up to the Finish Line!!

031

Here’s the real reason Hans rant this race…the food!  The race was sponsored by the Melting Pot and the Buckhorn Exchange…so their post-race food included bison burgers and chocolate fondue.  I was thankful that he wasn’t really in the mood to eat a lot after running 13.1 miles, so I got to have a lot of it too!!  he he…

037 039

After the race we headed over to my grandparent’s house for a little surprise 65th birthday party for Sally…

044

She graciously allowed the boys to blow out the candles…

046 

Poor Daddy rested on the porch after his long morning of running!!

047

The boys played with bubbles from Grammy Sally and had a blast!!

048 050

It was a little chilly so we got GG all wrapped up!

056

Happy Birthday!!

061

 

PS…are you shocked?  This is my 4th post in a little over a week…that’s right, ladies and gentlemen, I just may get back into blogging on a regular basis!  :)

No comments: